Kale, Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad
4 servings / 45mins
- 2 Sweet Potato (diced into 1 inch cubes)
- 15mg Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3g Cinnamon
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 396mg Green Lentils (cooked,
drained and rinsed)
- 84g Kale Leaves
- 30ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 20g Maple Syrup
- 15g Dijon Mustard
- 2g Thyme
- 38g Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 410oF (210oC). Place chopped sweet potato in a mixing bowl and toss with half your extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
- In the meantime, drain lentils and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Place remaining extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and warm over medium heat. Add in kale leaves and saute just until wilted.
- Remove from heat immediately. Prepare dressing by mixing balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and thyme. Mix well.
- Combine sweet potatoes, lentils, wilted kale, feta cheese and dressing together in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss well and serve. Enjoy!
- Leftovers- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Serving size- One serving is equal to approximately 2 cups of salad.
- More Flavour- Add fresh herbs, chopped walnuts, or pumpkin seeds.
- Make it vegan- Omit the feta cheese.